Volunteers are an important community resource. Organizations that serve Portland’s children and families rely on volunteers to share their time and talent; whether it be tutoring a student in a classroom; mentoring a teen with weekly outings; or helping a nonprofit with their professional business skills, volunteers make for a better and stronger city.
Organizations supported by the Portland Children’s Levy are looking for volunteers to bring new ideas, fresh perspective and honed experience to their programs. Retired volunteers are particularly welcome, as they have a vast amount of expertise that would benefit our community.
Opportunities are available in
- Early Childhood: Supporting children’s early development and readiness for kindergarten
- After School: Providing safe, constructive after-school and summer programming that supports children’s well-being and school success
- Mentoring: Connecting children and youth with caring adult role models that support their well-being
- Child Abuse Prevention/Intervention: Preventing child abuse and neglect and supporting vulnerable families
- Foster Care: Supporting the well-being and development of children and youth in foster care
- Hunger Relief: Expanding access to healthy, nutritious food for hunger children
Organizations seeking volunteers are listed below in alphabetical order; you can also use the filter to find a particular area of interest.
Questions? Contact email@example.com