The Portland Children’s Levy will sponsor non-profit events serving children and families within the city of Portland related to Levy funding areas: Early Childhood, After School, Mentoring, Child Abuse Prevention & Intervention, Foster Care and Hunger Relief.
PCL will award 20 $500 sponsorships each year.
Ten $500 sponsorships will be awarded in June for events scheduled from July 1 through Dec. 31st.and 10 $500 sponsorships will be awarded in December for events scheduled from Jan. 1 - June 30th.
PCL is no longer accepting requests for the January-June 2020 event sponsorship funding round. The next funding round will open Monday, June 1, 2020 for events from July 1-Dec. 31st, 2020.
IMPORTANT: Sponsorships are highly coveted and are often distributed within the FIRST FEW HOURS of the FIRST DAY requests are due.
Please review the following requirements before requesting a sponsorship:
- Organizations must be tax exempt and either government or not for profit.
- Organizations must serve City of Portland youth and families, and sponsored events must relate to a PCL focus area: Early Childhood, After School, Mentoring, Child Abuse Prevention & Intervention, Foster Care and Hunger Relief.
- Organizations will use the PCL name/logo to promote the PCL in electronic and/or print event material, collateral and notices.
- PCL funding shall not go toward any alcoholic beverages.
- Organizations must not discriminate based on race, gender or age.
- Organizations must not benefit or promote any political ideology or religious doctrine.
- PCL sponsorships shall not exceed $500 per event.
- PCL sponsorships shall not annually exceed $10,000 on a July 1 – June 30 fiscal year.
- An organization will be eligible for one sponsorship per every 12 months.
- Organizations cannot apply for sponsorships in two consecutive rounds.
- PCL reserves the final right to accept or reject any request.
ALSO, while not required:
For PCL grantees: please let us know if you would like us to take photos of your event and we will try to oblige.
Organizations are encouraged to send PCL photos of event for use in Levy social media posts.
Organizations are encouraged to tag/mention PCL at least once if sending out social media.
To request a sponsorship:
- Submit electronically on organization letterhead (address on letterhead must be same as the one on organization W-9 or City of Portland vendor record).
- Include the dollar amount, and the time, date, location, and purpose of the event, along with specifics on what the sponsorship will be used toward.
- Include specifics on use of PCL name/logo.
- FYI: If you are not a vendor with the city and are selected for a sponsorship, you will need to submit additional paperwork, including your organization's most recent W9.
Please submit requests or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org