Allocation Committee Meeting Agenda
Monday, November 4, 2019
City Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, City Hall
1221 SW 4th Ave., Portland OR
Please note that all times are approximate to allow for public comment by meeting attendees.
Preliminary (5-10 min)
2. Approve Minutes from September 16, 2019 meeting
3. Public Comment, Non-agenda items: meeting attendees may address the Committee on non- agenda items related to PCL.
4. Video: Full Mural Project
1. Non-Competitive Funds Allocation: More than 90% of projected PCL revenues have been allocated to the competitive funding process currently underway. The Act governing Levy operations allows up to 10% of revenues to be allocated in non-competitive processes for special initiatives that address multiple program areas, quality improvement supports, training and technical assistance for grantees, and improving the systems that affect children and the organizations that serve them. Staff will review total funds available, allocation parameters and decisions made at September 16 meeting. Action: Committee questions and discussion. (5-10 min)
2. Proposal for 3-Year Grant to Community Childcare Initiative (CCI): The CCI grant supports childcare subsidies for working parents and culturally specific childcare provider networks. PCL staff will review current CCI grant and performance to date. Childcare Resource and Referral of Multnomah County (CCR&R-MC) administers CCI with PCL Funds. Staff recommendation to allocate $5.1 million over 3 years to continue funding CCI. Action: Committee questions, discussion, public input, committee deliberation and decision. (30 min)
3. Quality Improvement, Training and Technical Assistance for Current Grantees: PCL staff will briefly outline current training/TA efforts for grantees provided with funds allocated in 2015 and propose one additional support with remaining funds for training. PCL staff proposes allocating up to $1 million over three years in the current levy to continue similar training opportunities for grantees. Staff will report annually on activities and costs. Action: Committee questions, discussion, public input, committee deliberation and approval. (10 min)
4. Updates: PCL staff will provide updates on competitive funding process currently underway, Small Grants Fund hiring process and reviewer recruitment to date. (5 min)